On Site London are looking for an assistant service manager to work on sites across the UK with weekly meetings in High Wycombe.
This role is a temporary to permanent role for a fast growing company looking to expand and the rate is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. There is a number of opportunities to progress for the right candidate.
Objective of the Role
To support the Service Manager in the profitable growth of the Services Department by:
- Maintaining and developing good client relationships with existing client accounts.
- Proactively seeking new business to develop and grow the profitability of the company.
- Managing and monitoring internal and external resource.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively seek new business. Following up on incoming enquiries as well as proactively seeking new opportunities.
- Develop new business and maintain good client relationships within existing clients. With a focus to increase the number of Service Agreement Clients.
- Prepare quotations for new or remedial works within the given timeframes.
- Attend necessary Client/Site/Project Meetings.
- To ensure that all site engineers have continuity of work and to make sure all engineers have the correct parts and equipment to undergo their planned works.
- Scheduling and the booking of Service works, using our internal systems and following existing processes.
- Ordering of materials and hire equipment for specific works. Using our approved suppliers, ensuring profitability is maintained within the scope of the project/works. Cross checking with current stock levels held.
- Attending site and carrying out service repair duties when required to sprinkler systems and will also include some remedial repair works to existing sprinkler pipework, both in the Servicing & Maintenance Department and Installation.
- Ensure that our H&S and Quality Management Systems, procedures and policies are being adhered to internally with our site engineers and externally with Subcontractors.
- Verify Engineer’s Reports using the LPC/British Standard Requirements.
- Creating and completing relevant project and site specific Health & Safety documentation including Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Monitor and manage all external Subcontractors. Including resourcing new.
- Work with the internal business support functions including:
- Accounts Dept. – purchase orders, invoicing, payments, and retention monies
- Health & Safety – where necessary to be involved in annual audits, contribute to Company Certifications i.e. Safe Contractor
- Quality Management – where necessary to be involved in annual audits, Management Meetings
- Occasional overtime working i.e. Emergency Call-Out Rota.
This is also a CV’s and interview process.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in then please apply with your CV or contact the recruitment desk for more information on 02083713626
Day Rate: £125 - £137 per day + Van, Mobile
Job Reference: Assistant Manager_1536917793
Job Duration: On Going
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Temporary
Job Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Job Industry: Building and Construction