BMS Estimator – Cheam, Surrey
Our clients BMS department is expanding and they require a new employee to add to their estimating team to help with the growing demand of projects.
You will have the ability to interpret mechanical specification’s and drawing’s in order to produce:
- Electrical material takes off
- Selection of a specification compliant BMS system.
- Selection of control devices and sizing control valves
- Collation of system/component prices.
- Estimate cost modelling.
- Compiling all data in the form of a take-off for inputting into our estimating system
- Production of the tender submission and inclusion of supporting documentation and method statements (using Microsoft office package)
Responsibilities for BMS Estimator role
- Establish time required to meet tender deadlines in line with current workload & enter project information in tender tracking system
- Manage workload to ensure that all tender deadlines are met
- Undertake any site visits required for pre-tender investigations, when required
- Interpret design specification and drawings in order to produce a full BMS points schedule and Tender RFI Document & obtain clarification from client for inclusion in tender proposal
- Electrical material takes offs for: Control panels design, i.e. power supplies, lamps & switches, sensor points, relay logic, and control enclosure sizing and Installation design
- Selection of accurate field control devices, sizing control valves, inverters, etc.
- Proposal letter technical clarifications, compliance, assumptions & exclusions
- When required, generate the following additional project particular requirements: Preliminaries breakdown / costing, third party interface document, value engineering to meet client budget requirements, BMS Network topology and system architecture drawings, specification compliance document, program of works and lease with operations team for review and approval, Risk Review analysis
- Produce BMS estimate cost model using company’s cost modelling software (Vixen)
- Review & analyse cost model against established benchmark figures and current department margins
- Produce tender proposal document to include supporting documentation and clarifications (using Microsoft office packages) and issuing to clients
- Attend client meetings to discuss: Technical clarifications, Value engineering options and cost breakdowns
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- General Understanding of HVAC Systems
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical specifications and drawings
- Qualifications in the electrical or mechanical building services industry.
- Excellent telephone manor essential.
- High level Maths and English Skill
- High level Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word Skill.
- Driving License preferred but not essential.
- Live within maximum 1-hour travel distance from our main office in St George House, Cheam
- Salary (DOE)
- 3% Pension match
- 09:00 – 17:00 (1-hour lunch)
- Progression and regular salary reviews
If this job is of interest, please send a CV or call 02392 893187 / 07741848846.
Job Reference: BMSEST_1538754150
Salary: £20000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Surrey
Job Industry: Building and Construction
Job Skill: estimator, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, bms, building management systems