Quantity Surveyor – Hampshire
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is responsible for assisting the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in establishing and maintaining robust commercial and contractual control throughout the post-contract phase of the project.
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor assists with the commercial and contractual activities of the construction process, ensuring that all contractual obligations are fulfilled. They will maintain company standards throughout the construction process, reporting to the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor. 3.0 Work Winning and
Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in advising the Bid team throughout the project tender process, particularly regarding the best subcontractors, package scopes and prelims. * Engages in the pre-construction process including Build it in a Day and others, in support of the Project Team/Bid Leader.
Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in examining the Conditions of Contract and helps prepare a list of Conditions for discussion with the Commercial Manager as well as the Contracts Manager/Site Manager where these may have a financial and programme implication. Consults and advises the site team.
Financial and Reporting
Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in managing all commercial and contractual arrangements with the Main Contract including the preparation of an external Cash Flow schedule suitable to the Main Contract, preparation of an interim valuation, identifying, quantifying, valuing and agreeing variations and issuing Notices.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation and agreement of the Final Account.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to enable regular consultation with the client’s team including minimum monthly advice on the forecast final account.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in managing and agreeing variations to all commercial and contractual arrangements with all subcontractors including Subcontract Scope of Works, Pre-contract negotiations, placing appropriate subcontract orders, issuing Notices and agreeing Interim valuations and Final Accounts.
Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in establishing and maintaining project profitability.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in identifying and addressing contractual requirements in a timely manner.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in identifying and managing commercial and contractual risks and opportunities using theCVR.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in recording lessons learned.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in the receipt of positive and regular feedback from the supply chain (and updates the SSC database regularly throughout the project).
- Maintains company standards at all times.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in establishing and maintaining the CVR to accurately monitor project commercial performance.
- Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in establishing a procurement programme in line with the Project Target Programme and assists with the procurement of all labour, plant, materials and subcontractor packages. Assists the Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor in carrying out a full analysis of the Scope of Works, subcontractor compliance and helps make recommendations to the Regional Director/Commercial Manager.
- Raises issues on Project Reviews early to enable their resolution in a positive, timely manner.
- Uses project procurement trackers to proactively manage packages procurement and uses the Scope of Works document to ensure no margin slippage during the works. Reviews any slippage as part of lessons learnt.
Customer Focus * Pays attention to customer needs and wants, helping to make decisions and acting with the customer in mind. Is recognised by others as providing excellent customer service.
Continuous Improvement * Actively encourages, is receptive to and recognises ideas and suggestions for improvements. * Manages own self development and ensures the same in others.
Can Do Approach * Thinks creatively around problems; tries lots of solutions until one is successful. * Almost always delivers desired results, quickly captures relevant key aspects to provide best way forward, achieves targets or deadlines and is prudent with resources.
Team Working * Pitches in, offers support and help, sharing information and expertise and actively participates in team discussions.
If this role is of interest to you pelase send a CV or call Jessica on 02392 893187 / 07741848846
Job Reference: QSWS_1538755885
Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: West Sussex
Job Industry: Building and Construction